YWCA is 23rd Largest Non-Profit Agency in St. Louis*
- YWCA Metro St. Louis is a 118-year-old non-profit human services agency dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
- Founded in 1904 to provide safe housing for women who came to work at the World’s Fair.
- Serves 10,500+ women and families annually.
- Three core service areas: Women’s Crisis Services and Housing, Early Education, Economic Empowerment
Head Start/Early Head Start
- Largest provider of direct Head Start services in Missouri, with nine Early Education Centers and 12 childcare partners.
- YWCA receives more Head Start funding in St. Louis City and County than any other agency, and is the second largest in grantee in a four-state region.
- YWCA is the only program in the state and one of only 13 in the country to receive the National Program of Excellence Accreditation from National Head Start Association.
- YWCA is collaborating with St. Louis Innovation Districts (39 North and Cortex) to build Early Education Excellence Centers with STREAM curriculum and access to ag-tech resources for all its centers.
Women’s Services for Victims of Sexual and Domestic Violence and Homelessness
- YWCA is the largest provider of sexual assault and domestic violence services for women in the region.
- YWCA is the ONLY dual-services agency (sexual assault and domestic violence) in the St. Louis region, offering both a 24/7 crisis hotline and a Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) that partners with area hospitals and police departments.
- ONLY YWCA in the United States with a Sexual Assault Response Team (SART).
- YWCA is the largest provider of Rapid Rehousing for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in St. Louis City and County.
- YWCA holds the largest HUD contract in the area.
Women’s Economic Stability Partnership (WESP), Portal to Prosperity
- Innovator and trailblazer in economic empowerment: WESP (Women’s Economic Stability Partnership) connects and leverages all YWCA services, creating a collaborative partnership that provides a path to prosperity for all clients.
- Through WESP, YWCA is the only agency that provides wraparound services, such as childcare, transportation, grocery assistance, rent/utility assistance, housing to support women during their journey to self-sufficiency.
- All YWCA clients, including Head Start families, may access our wraparound services.