YWCA Metro St. Louis “Leaders In The Workplace” Program
Your employees are your greatest assets. YWCA’s Leaders In The Workplace program is a unique opportunity for Leader Lunch sponsors to honor up to ten (10) women within your company who exemplify the qualities and characteristics you value in your leaders and future leaders. Leaders In The Workplace is a great, cost-effective way to recognize, motivate and inspire your employees, customers, clients and/or vendors.
“As women leaders of Mercy and as the Sisters of Mercy before us, we follow in the footsteps of our foundress, Catherine McAuley, to serve those who are poor, sick, and uneducated – especially women, children and the elderly. Mercy’s Mercy Women in Leadership (MWL) members share with current and next generation women leaders what we have been shown and taught through example, word and deed. We strive to promote the wellbeing and viability of the women of Mercy, serving as role models for all aspiring leaders. MWL’s purpose aligns perfectly with YWCA’s, which is why Mercy supports the YWCA Leaders In the Workplace program.” Barb Grayson, VP, Chief Workforce Experience
Women account for almost 60% of the U.S. workforce. By the year 2050, they will be the largest single group of employees. Participation in Leaders In The Workplace will:
Your most important asset:
Companies’ most important assets are their people, who are influenced by job satisfaction, commitment to the company and intrinsic motivation.
To maintain competitive advantage and keep the best employees and highest performers, companies need to creatively acknowledge and recognize their work.
Satisfied employees impact your bottom line:
In addition to gains a company recognizes by keeping their best performers, there are inherent costs to attrition, hiring, training, absenteeism and mediocre performance.
The overall benefit:
A good employee recognition program should give employees something to work toward, in addition to providing an opportunity to have fun. Some of the perks of a great employee recognition program are goal setting, bonding, increased teamwork, and permanent memories of the recognition.
Benefits of participating in the Leaders In The Workplace program include, but are not limited to:
- Recognition during Leader Lunch (for both the Honoree and her company)
- Company and Honoree recognition in the printed event program, which is received by over 850 guests
- Company and Honoree recognition in slide show played during Leader Lunch
- “Certificate of Recognition” for each Honoree
- Company and Honoree recognition on the YWCA website
- Invitations to Honorees for other exclusive YWCA events, such as networking events and panel discussions with other female leaders
Select women who have:
- Shown outstanding performance in their respective fields
- Shown exemplary leadership
- Worked for or been associated with your company for at least five years, or who have recently joined your company and would benefit from networking with other successful women
- Just earned a degree or received additional certification in a specific area relating to their employment
- Been reliable and productive
- Volunteered for a project and made a significant contribution
- Been a key support person in the office
- Been identified as ready to retire and would benefit from company recognition