Family Partnership Agreement
Once your child is enrolled in Head Start, families and staff become partners in supporting the child’s development – and that includes building stronger families. Parents receive support from staff in meeting their own goals, such as obtaining a GED, attending college, improving housing, managing family finances, and sustaining healthy relationships.
For a directory of St. Louis Area Resources:
Start Here STL
Financial literacy is an important key to being able to meet your needs and lead a more secure life. People who learn to successfully budget and build assets are more financially stable and are in a better position to support their families. The YWCA is committed to helping you learn the financial skills to better support your family and protect your future. Ask a Family Advocate for available opportunities.
Additional resources on financial literacy:
Money Smart St. Louis
St. Louis Community Credit Union Financial Resource Center
YWCA Women’s Economic Stability Partnership
In addition to the thirteen partnerships with child care centers throughout St. Louis, the YWCA Early Education Program partners with community agencies that will help support you and your family.
Some of the agencies that we work with:
- All School Districts – Transitioning children to kindergarten
- Special School District – Screening and evaluations for children with suspected or confirmed disability
- Missouri Department of Social Services – TANF benefits
- United Way
- Community Action Agency of St. Louis County (CAASTLC) – Counseling, emergency services, GED program probation and parole program, many other services
- Beyond Housing – Subsidized housing for low income families
- Peoples Health Center – Free or low-cost health services to low-income families
- Gateway Dental Plans – Free or low-cost dental services to eligible patients
- St. Louis City Health Department – Free or low-cost health services to low-income families
- Missouri First Steps – Evaluation of children with disabilities
- Urban League of Metropolitan St. Louis – Food and clothing assistance, homeless prevention, holiday toy giveaway