YWCA Woman’s Place works to end violence against women by providing compassionate crisis intervention, facilitating women’s transition to safety and healing, and educating the community.
YWCA Woman’s Place provides immediate and ongoing support for women who have experienced emotional, physical or sexual abuse. YWCA Woman’s Place is unique in being the only non-residential stand-alone drop-in center in the St. Louis region where no appointment is needed and there are no eligibility requirements or fees. All are welcome without regard to age, background, ethnicity or cultural traditions. At YWCA Woman’s Place women have the confidential opportunity to assess their situation, experience understanding and encouragement, and access resources helpful to them. You do not need an appointment to come by, and there is usually little to no waiting to see one of our staff members.
YWCA Woman’s Place offers two locations in the greater St. Louis & St. Charles area. Our drop-in center is at 140 North Brentwood (AS OF JULY 5, 2017) in Clayton, MO 63105, following a move from 8300 Morganford in Affton, MO 63123. The phone number at the Clayton location remains the same: (314) 645-4848. Our St. Charles office is located at 4116 McClay, St. Charles, MO 63304, at Sts. Joachim and Ann Care Service in the Tri-County Outreach Center. The St. Charles office is not a drop-in center so please call for hours. To speak with an advocate, call (636) 373-7911 or (314) 645-4848.
Woman’s Place Services
- Crisis intervention: Safety planning and personalized referrals for individuals who have experienced abuse or are needing more information about abuse at both our St. Louis and St. Charles locations. No appointment necessary at our St. Louis location, (after July 5, 2017), call ahead in St. Charles.
- Workshops: Personal empowerment workshops on a variety of topics open to women 18 years or older. Click here for more information.
- “How to Help” workshops and abuse education classes: For friends, family an community members. This workshop is offered for friends and family members of domestic violence victims to learn how to best support victims, encourage safe choices and identify “red flags” of potentially lethal escalation. A three hour workshop offered by appointment. Please call (314) 645-4848 to speak to an advocate and arrange for a workshop. Please call (314) 645-4848 for more information.
- Support groups. For survivors of domestic abuse. Click Here for more information.
- Advocacy: Advocates available to assist in navigating the legal, medical, court and community systems.
- Resources: Click Here for a list of resources.
Domestic Abuse 101 is an introductory class for women covering the nature and dynamics of domestic abuse, safety planning strategies and community resources. This class is a great option for women needing to complete a class on domestic abuse or want to learn more about the topic. Pre-registration is required and classes are offered at both the St. Louis and St. Charles locations. See Flyer for details. Please call (314) 645-4848 to speak to an advocate at our St. Louis location or (636) 373-7911 for our St. Charles location.
Domestic violence does not go away on its own. It tends to get worse and becomes more frequent with time. And it is often harmful to your children as well. If this is your experience, get help. Over 3,000 women have found hope at Woman’s Place.